1. Explore the stunning Cornish coastline, with its rugged cliffs, golden beaches and crystal-clear
waters. Head out on foot, or get up close and personal with the coastline with the help of our friends at Trevone Bay Adventures. They’ll take you on a guided tour including cliff jumps, kayaking, and exploring the caves of North Cornwall. If you’re lucky you may even see some of our fantastic wildlife, including pods of dolphins and curious seals.
2. Enjoy the fresh, clean air and wide-open spaces of the north Cornish countryside. This one speaks for itself really. With Bodmin Moor at nearly 200 square km, and beaches and many other Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty to explore, there’s a space for everyone (even in the height of summer).
3. Sample local delicacies at the many farm shops, restaurants and cafes in the area. And boy are there some wonderful options to choose from. Take a visit to Trethillick Farm, Padstow Farm Shop and indulge the senses and take aways some of their divine delicetessen treats – the best place to pack for a picnic before a day exploring, or to stock up on Padstow pasta for dinner back at the van.
4. Take a guided tour of the beautiful Tintagel Castle and learn about its history. Hop in the car and venture up the coast to Tintagel (aound 50 minutes drive) to take a step back in time, to a time where the legendary King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table inspired the myths and legends of the region.
5. Spend a day on the beach, swimming, surfing and paddleboarding. You can’t come to Cornwall and not spend at least one day on the beach. Take a walk along the path from Harlyn Sands to find yourself on the stunning Harlyn Bay (or venture a little further in either direction along the SW Coastal Path to encounter more stunning beaches and coves in the 7 Bays.) Our friends at Harlyn Surf School can show you the ropes and hire equipment.
6. Discover charming fishing villages and explore the local culture. You know those quintessential Cornish villages you see on TV… they’re real, and they’re just as perfect in real life. Pop down to Padstow Harbour to enjoy the hustle and bustle of our favourite fishing village (closely followed, in our opinion, by St Ives, Mousehole and Port Issac).
7. Visit the picturesque gardens and parks, including Trevaskis Farm (38 miles from Harlyn), the Lost Gardens of Heligan (26 miles) or Prideaux Place (3 miles) one of the settings used for filming of Poldark.
8. Take a boat trip along the Camel Estuary and watch the sunset over Padstow. You just can’t beat the sunsets around North Cornwall.
9. Enjoy the bustling nightlife in vibrant towns like Newquay.
10. Experience the traditional Cornish charm and hospitality of the local people.
13. Explore the Cornish wildlife, with its wealth of birds, butterflies and wildflowers. Find out more about the wildlife you can spot around Harlyn here.
14. Relax and unwind with spa treatments, yoga classes and leisurely walks. Head along the road to The Pig at Harlyn, to relax with a full body massage or a rejuvenating facial after a day on the sand.
15. Enjoy our famous Cornish pasties and proper Cornish Clotted Cream. The foods of giants. And discover why Cornwall is the foodie capital of the UK here.